(530) 661-2349 10 N. East St. Ste. 203 Woodland , CA 95776 T-F: 10-6, SAT: 10-5
Orchestral Repairs Violin, Viola, Cello
Davids' Broken Note is now offering basic Orchestral repairs i.e.; Restringing, bridge replacement, soundpost replacement, & new pegs.
Just like any other wooden stringed instrument, needs regular maintenance in order to continue sounding great. Strings should be replaced every few months, see our suggestedinstrument maintenance schedule. When strings are removed, it is the easiest time to do a little TLC to make your playing experience all the more enjoyable.
- Lemon Oil Fingerboard (To hydrate)
- #0000 Steel Wool Fingerboard (To polish)
- Paraffin Wax Fingerboard (To make slick)
Replacement Bridge...info coming soon, as well as video. Currently editing.
A violin's endpin is what the tailpiece attaches to, and thus the strings to the body of the violin. An endpin should be made of;
1. Solid Ebony 2. Have a tight fit in the tailblock 3. Snug against the violin's body
If an endpin breaks apart, its best to remove the old and ream the hole for a new tight fitting endpin.